Dell Drivers & Downloads website allows you to download drivers, firmware, and some software applications for Dell desktops, laptops, all-in-one computers, docking stations, tablets, mobile devices, printers, monitors, projectors, servers, storage & networking devices, and so on.
Dell recommends that you download the drivers for your Dell products from the Dell Drivers & Downloads website.
- Automatically scan your Dell computer for existing drivers and utilities.
- Scan your Dell computer for driver and Dell software utility updates.
- Automatically download and install relevant drivers and utilities.
WARNING: Downloading and installing Dell-developed drivers or software from third-party or unknown sources may cause the computer or device not to work correctly. It may also cause the computer to crash or not boot into the operating system. In some rare instances, it may infect the computer with virus, trojan, or other malicious software.
NOTE: Drivers for third-party or non-Dell products such as non-Dell branded printers, docking stations, webcams, scanners, monitors, and so on, must be downloaded from the device manufacturer's website.
SupportAssist scans the Dell computer, detects existing drivers and Dell software utilities that are based on the operating system that is installed on the computer and proposes a list of recommended driver and software updates.
How to download and install drivers using the SupportAssist app.
SupportAssist application is preinstalled on Dell computers that are shipped with Microsoft Windows operating system.
NOTE: SupportAssist is available for Windows computers only. If SupportAssist is not available, download and install the SupportAssist app.
NOTE: Your Windows login account must have administrator privileges to download and install SupportAssist.
- Click Start and type SupportAssist.
- Click the SupportAssist app in the search results.
- In the SupportAssist window, click Start now.
- SupportAssist automatically scans your computer, checks for driver updates, downloads, and installs the latest drivers (if available).
- SupportAssist also runs other automated tasks such as scan hardware, tune performance, optimize the network, and so on.
How to download and install drivers using an automated scan on the Dell.com/support website.
Allow the Dell.com/support website to identify and scan the Dell computer for existing drivers and utilities:
- Browse to https://www.dell.com/support/drivers.
- Identify your Dell product:
- Click Download & Install SupportAssist to auto-detect your Dell computer. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Dell SupportAssist. For more information, see the Dell KB article 130387: Dell SupportAssist (formerly Dell System Detect): Overview and Common Questions.
- Or, enter the Service Tag, Express Service Code, or the Serial number of the Dell computer and click Search.
- Or, click Browse all products to manually select your Dell computer from the catalog.
- Click Check for Updates to allow Dell to automatically find driver updates for you.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install SupportAssist (if required).
- SupportAssist analyzes the Dell computer to find the latest updates.
- Once the scan is complete, click Download and install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- After the driver installation is complete, restart the computer.
How to download and install a driver manually if the automated scan fails?
While some drivers like a BIOS update require manual installation, errors may occur during the download procedure. It is recommended that you download the drivers and install them manually.
Examples of some error messages that you may see if the automatic driver update fails:
- Automatic installation failed
- Manual installation required
To manually download and install the driver:
- Click View details next to the failed driver download.
- On the driver page, click Download File.
- Click Save and select the location on the hard drive to save the downloaded file.
- Browse to the location where the downloaded driver installation file is saved and double-click the file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation process.
- Restart the computer.