The tremendous upsurge of popularity around ChatGPT and Generative AI is peaking customer and business’ interests alike. Enterprises see the potential for real productivity increases with Generative AI (GenAI), unlocking data value that accelerates their business, from decision-making to digital transformation. That’s why Dell Technologies is working with NVIDIA together to simplify and accelerate Generative AI deployment.
Today, the companies announced a collaboration to deliver Project Helix, an integrated approach to enable faster, full-stack GenAI deployments so organizations of all sizes can accelerate their business transformation, scale their AI consistently and deliver trusted AI outcomes.
Evolving Enterprise Use Cases
Businesses have already experienced the value of traditional AI, scaling many initiatives into production to automate complex processes, increase productivity and accelerate results and outcomes in specific use cases around fraud detection, data, analytics and medical scientific research.
Now comes the potential of GenAI applications like ChatGPT and numerous open-source options, revealing even greater potential opportunities for AI to extract and produce new forms of value and richer insights from existing data, enable faster decision-making and increase productivity. In fact, what were once potential use cases for traditional AI are becoming real with Generative AI, and this is just the tip of the iceberg:
- Digital assistants including retail, business operations, sales, legal, HR and hiring services help accelerate and facilitate insights and recommendations
- Customer support and call centers advance customer support resolution with knowledge base data, reducing response times and improving customer satisfaction (such as net promoter score)
- Developers, code generation and code efficiency and UI/UX design drive faster IP development to reuse and deliver better features and customer purchase experience
- Creative, sales and marketing scripting and creative content generation automate on-demand needs to improve the customer experience, with insights into purchase history and richer B2C collaboration
- Healthcare, research sciences and medicine are already transforming and advancing health care and sciences with new breakthroughs in medicine, and numerous other use cases are rapidly emerging to automate more functions across organizations
Addressing Enterprise Needs
As with traditional AI, enterprises have unique needs to determine how new technologies like GenAI can improve their ROI and deliver value for emerging use cases.
- Customers want to accelerate their time to results from Generative AI strategies, infrastructure and expertise that will increase value for the business direction and support their continued transformation.
- They want to secure their data, reduce data risk and compromise and enable trusted AI outcomes that will impact their business. This requires a two-prong strategy, to first ensure data operations remain on-premises for GenAI treatment (and mitigate risks of company IP sent to the cloud) and secondly, to activate trusted methods that refine responses with guardrails and tuning procedures.
- Businesses want to restore agility, become leaders in their own market and leverage a more skilled AI workforce that readily converts company-specific or proprietary data into faster recommendations for the enterprise and competitive outcomes.
- They want to achieve more automation, which drives faster, higher-value outcomes from their operations and leverage repeatable processes and scalable growth of their business.
- They want to control and manage their infrastructure and operations, so they can drive higher ROI with on-premises, owned approaches.
Move the Needle: Transform Your Business Faster with Project Helix
GenAI is revolutionizing the traditional ways that businesses leverage AI in a game-changing approach and is supported by a fast-growing set of solutions and library of models. And with new levels of AI compute performance making huge strides this year, the availability of mainstream solutions and services deliver to enterprises the ability to fast-track GenAI and connect all areas of the business.
Project Helix is the answer for enterprise GenAI, served with best-in-class full-stack solutions featuring Dell infrastructure, software and services, coupled with NVIDIA accelerated computing and software innovation, including a comprehensive AI framework with models for Generative AI, enabling customers to drive GenAI initiatives rapidly into value.
Project Helix delivers a full-stack GenAI solution and includes:
- Validated design blueprint for Generative AI, optimizing right-sized configurations, guidance and deployment for enterprises of all sizes with best-in-class infrastructure and expert advisors
- High-performance AI-optimized servers like the Dell PowerEdge XE9680, which delivers the industry’s best AI performance* and the PowerEdge R760xa
- Resilient and scalable unstructured data storage including Dell PowerScale and ECS Object Storage
- Artificial intelligence-enabled cloud-based monitoring with CloudIQ
- Award-winning Dell ProSupport and ProDeploy services
- NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPUs integrated into Dell PowerEdge platforms
- High-performance NVIDIA Networking
- NVIDIA AI Enterprise software which includes the full-stack AI software required for GenAI deployments including NeMo large language model frameworks
- NVIDIA Base Command Manager to deploy and reliably manage the AI clusters from edge to core to cloud
Project Helix includes security and privacy built into foundational components, such as Secured Component Verification. Protecting data on-premises reduces inherent risk and meets government standards such as Global Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Using large language models and new performance platforms, enterprises can now extract amazing outcomes from mountains of proprietary data.
Dell and NVIDIA enable enterprises with a foundation of expertise and advisors to kick-start GenAI initiatives at a business-wide and global scale.
Activate Generative AI in the Enterprise Now
Working with trusted IT partners to align resources is the quickest way to enable the right strategic GenAI approach for the enterprise. Project Helix delivers the integrated approach for enterprises and will be available as validated designs starting in July 2023. Customers can now review the design guide available here. Dell Technologies servers and platforms are available now.
Together, Dell and NVIDIA are leading the way in driving the next wave of innovation in the enterprise AI landscape with AI-grade enterprise solutions.
Visit our booth at Dell Technologies World, and learn more about Dell’s AI solutions.
* Based on Dell analysis of publicly available performance results and specifications of comparable OEM Servers as of 17 May 2023.