IT Administrators are no longer bound to crash carts or restricted to the confines of the data center each day to ensure that IT platforms, and business operations, are running optimally. Infrastructure health monitoring, maintenance, and remediation capabilities are now accessible anywhere, at any time, through handheld smart phones and tablets. And Dell took an early lead in transforming those systems management processes, enabling mobile accessibility, and ensuring that the hardware that supports your business is monitored and managed easily and securely – both remotely and onsite.
In March of 2014, Dell announced OpenManage Mobile v1.0 (OMM), available for Android mobile devices and with industry-unique systems management capabilities. The connections to both a one:many systems management console solution and to the intelligent management technology embedded within Dell PowerEdge servers, provided dual-operational functionality acclaimed as an industry first.
Dell OpenManage Mobile v1.0 customers were able to remotely and securely perform data center monitoring and alerting operations across both Dell and 3rd party enterprise hardware, and also perform a subset of management functions directly on Dell PowerEdge 12G servers.
Fast forward to April 2016 and the current release OpenManage Mobile v1.4 with support for Dell PowerEdge 12th and 13th generation servers and both Android and iOS applications. Among the many features available, IT Administrators can take action by forwarding alerts to co-workers, set server LEDs to blink intermittently for easy visual recognition of systems requiring service, and perform server power-on, reboot or shutdown functions remotely.
OpenManage Mobile also includes another industry-unique capability: Quick Sync.
- Quick Sync provides the ability to communicate and perform multiple at-the-server management functions directly on Dell’s most popular, and NFC-enabled, R630, R730 and R730XD PowerEdge servers. Merely by tapping the OpenManage Mobile equipped Android smart device against the Quick Sync-enabled bezel, customers can browse and capture numerous platform details as well as change configuration settings, root credentials, or boot orders.
See a video demonstration of Quick Sync capabilities here:
OpenManage Mobile, since its conception, has consistently delivered:
- Dell leadership in the evolution of infrastructure management capabilities
- Mobile application availability as a no-charge software download
- Connection to the iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller interface
- Connection to the OpenManage Essentials Console
- Focus on simplicity, efficiency, availability and security features
For additional information on security, read the whitepaper “Understanding the security features of Dell OpenManage Mobile.”
We encourage you to use your handheld device to test-drive OpenManage Mobile v1.4. Our no-charge software download provides a Demo Mode where end-users can preview all of the capabilities of OpenManage Mobile utilizing an off-line, pre-populated, demonstration database:
For additional information, please visit our site on Dell TechCenter.