Many of you have asked for updates to the Drivers & Downloads tool on Support.Dell.Com website. In an effort to implement some of the changes you asked for, we recently completed a global launch of a re-designed Drivers & Downloads tool that addresses many of the issues you’ve highlighted.
The enhancements to the new tool include:
- Drivers now displayed using an easy to navigate grid structure
- Download Now option made readily available for quick access to files
- My Downloads option provides user with ability to save files for future use
- Ability to change or filter search results (by OS, driver category or driver importance) from top of page
- Files can be easily sorted by Category, File Title, Importance, Release Date and Size
- User is no longer required to select language (defaults to the language of the country website the user is on)
- Release date and file size clearly displayed within the grid
While these improvements should make downloading drivers a simpler and more efficient process, it is just the first step in our overhaul of this frequently used tool. We plan to address other frequent customer requests like only displaying drivers applicable to a specific service tag and batch downloading for multiple drivers. For now though, I’m confident that these recent changes will make a difference. We’ll continue our commitment to make support.dell.com easy to use as possible for our customers.
I look forward to your feedback. If you have ideas on how we can enhance future iterations of the Drivers & Downloads section, please let me know by responding to this post.