This service provides on-site installation and basic testing of the Microsoft® Windows NT, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, or Novell NetWare operating system for those customers who did not have the software installed as part of Dell's custom factory integration services. The service includes installation of the network operating system and device drivers, partitioning of hard drives, and binding of Network Interface Cards (NICs).
Summary of Customer Responsibilities/Notes:
- It is the customer's responsibility to have a valid licensed copy of the operating system available.
- The customer's hardware must be installed and prepared for the Operating Software installation.
- This service does not include installation of products nor application activity not specifically mentioned in this document.
- Windows 2000 Server or Advanced Server installation does not include domain configuration. Domain Name System (DNS) and Active Directory configuration is an additional service after the install of Windows 2000 operating system. The additional service can be performed by Dell Technical Support over the phone using one DirectLine resolution.
- Windows 2000 Advanced Server does not include cluster installation. This service is offered as a separate installation service.
- This document provides only an overview of the service steps and customer responsibilities.
- This service will be provided during the hours of 8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Key Service Steps:
- Unpack software and inspect condition.
- Install operating system.
- Format and partition server hard drives and/or array to customer specifications.
- Install device drivers.
- Load disk drivers, load and bind NIC (Network Interface Card) drivers, if required.
- Install Uninterruptable Power Supply software, if required.
- Test basic functionality of operating system and reboot features of UPS.
- Brief customer on system overview and administrative procedures.