Process traditional and transformational workloads with Dell EMC’s newest innovation
In today’s fast-moving world, companies must continuously evolve to stay competitive and relevant in their industry. They need to prepare for uncertainty, reacting quickly to sudden change. To meet these demands, innovative organizations are turning to data-fueled workloads such as AI and IoT to help them dynamically respond. But first, they need to ensure that their data centers are up to the challenge. Because transformational workloads have different hardware requirements, they need a modernized, dynamic infrastructure to be successful.
This need for flexibility and agility is the reason we’ve spent years researching, developing and refining a solution that can support a variety of traditional and transformational workloads while easily adapting to new technologies as they become available. Today, we’re thrilled to launch PowerEdge MX, the first modular server designed for the emerging category of disaggregated data center infrastructure, or kinetic infrastructure.
PowerEdge MX enables optimal use of various IT resources, dynamically adjusting as workload and business needs change. This way, customers can focus on the things brings value to their business – both now and into the future.
Its unique, no-mid-plane design enables PowerEdge MX to support multiple generations of technology releases (microprocessors, new storage types and new connectivity innovation) well into the future. This purposeful design makes PowerEdge MX ready to support fully disaggregated components, down to memory-centric devices such as storage class memory, GPUs and FPGAs, to offer full composability.
PowerEdge MX: The Foundation for Transformation
PowerEdge MX allows users to break free from traditional boundaries, transforming their infrastructure to a dynamic pool of instantly responding, adapting and evolving resources.
Key benefits of PowerEdge MX include:
- Flexible Architecture – Disaggregated systems leverage a shared pool of compute, storage and networking assets to dynamically respond to changing needs via:
- Elastic Resources: non-disruptive provisioning, on-demand allocation of compute, storage and networking resource pools
- Scalable SmartFabric: cost-effective multi-chassis architecture with open networking options and upgrade simplicity for future I/O flexibility
- Granular Storage: dense, highly flexible, swappable, scale-out direct attached storage sled with easy front access
- Agile Management – Helps companies increase efficiency by creating policies and workflows, and automating them via software tools. The new Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise Modular Edition helps:
- Control administrative costs and streamline management by replacing multiple enterprise-level systems management tools with a single unified platform
- IT departments simplify and automate administration while still providing the bandwidth needed to build and manage entire data centers
- Frees up IT staff, so they can focus on more strategic tasks that benefit the overall business
- Extend management to all Dell EMC PowerEdge servers with OpenManage Enterprise
- Responsive Design – Helps companies protect infrastructure and lifecycle investment for improved ROI and a greater overall business impact, and:
- Assures support for at least three sever processor generations
- Controls algorithms for dense configurations with future compatibility
- Protects, detects and recovers underlying infrastructure from cyber attacks
The Dell EMC PowerEdge MX Portfolio
PowerEdge MX is designed to support a combination of dense virtualization, software-defined storage, software-defined networking, AI and big data projects. Users can tailor compute and storage configurations to their own requirements. This “on-the-fly” hardware capacity helps reduce stranded assets and overprovisioning, greatly improving performance and efficiency.
Customers have the flexibility to customize their PowerEdge MX with a robust portfolio of components. Designed specifically for this modular infrastructure, the technologies range from a new 7U chassis, to server and storage sleds to networking, all backed by Dell EMC Services as well as Dell Global Financing options. Get an overview of PowerEdge MX and our other modular infrastructure solutions here.
Server infrastructure plays a key role in a company’s IT transformation, and PowerEdge MX can help customers grow their business for years to come. It handles both traditional and transformational workloads, is efficient, easy to manage, and provides a foundation for other Dell EMC solutions such as HCI. As Ashley Gorakhpurwalla, president and general manager of Dell EMC Server and Infrastructure Systems described, “PowerEdge MX enables organizations to transform their IT in a way that optimizes their resources and offers investment protection for future generations of technological advances.”
You can’t predict the future, but you can plan for it with the PowerEdge MX.
PowerEdge MX. IT Unbound
Can’t wait to learn more, or just have to see it in person? We don’t blame you! Dell EMC PowerEdge MX will be on display at VMWorld in Las Vegas August 26-30, and available globally on September 12, 2018. Learn more about PowerEdge MX and our other modular solutions at dellemc.com/servers, and come visit our booth (#1276) in the center of the VMworld exhibition hall.
Join the conversation and stay up to date on all things PowerEdge at @DellEMCServers.