Cloud-native technologies are the new standard for developing and delivering the next generation of enterprise applications. Modernizing your applications approach means adopting the use of containers with Kubernetes orchestration. But can your infrastructure support these new constructs?
Dell Technologies APEX is the right platform for application modernization. It provides simple and consistent cloud experiences delivered as-a-Service. When APEX Private and Hybrid Cloud are combined with VMware Tanzu, it provides a pragmatic approach by helping you extend your existing architecture to support emerging containerized microservices alongside your existing virtualized monolithic apps. APEX Private and Hybrid Cloud can also be the platform for other Kubernetes distributions. APEX Data Storage Services can be used as persistent storage to scale storage independently and provide unique storage services for your modern applications. APEX Custom Solutions Flex on Demand provides elastic capacity for your modern apps while Data Center Utility helps you implement a pay-per-use model for your modern apps infrastructure.
Use Case Examples
What does this mean from a practical perspective? We’ve assembled a diverse collection of example use cases that illustrate the use of containers with APEX. These include:
- An advanced driver assistance system demonstration shows video stream processing with real time object detection using APEX Private Cloud with open source components. View the demo.
- How to set up a full Platform-as-a-Service environment with VMware Tanzu on Dell EMC VxRail, the foundation for APEX Cloud Services. View the reference architecture.
- An overview of performance testing for image processing on Dell PowerEdge servers which can be delivered via APEX Custom services. View the benchmark report.
- Deployment guidance for Microsoft SQL Server Big Data Clusters on VMware Tanzu on Dell EMC VxRail, the foundation for APEX Cloud Services. View the reference architecture.
- Learn how to deploy persistent storage for cloud-native applications with Dell EMC PowerStore, the foundation for APEX Cloud Services. View the reference architecture.
- Use Knative serverless technology and TensorFlow to build and run image recognition application on APEX Private Cloud. View the demo.
Hear the customer perspective
Perhaps the best use case is a customer example. We’ve also pulled together some descriptions of how customers in different industries are using containers and Dell Technologies infrastructure.
- Dell Digital is the organization that runs one of the top commercial websites in the world – Dell.com – as well as the internal IT infrastructure for Dell. They have been able to accelerate application development with containers using building blocks that can be delivered as APEX Custom Solutions. View the infographic.
- Trintech is a provider of financial services software that delivers in a SaaS model. They are using VMware Tanzu on PowerEdge Ready Nodes which can be delivered as APEX Custom Solutions. As a result, they were able to increase operational efficiencies for their application infrastructure. Watch the video.
- Raytheon rolled out a multi-zone configuration for modern applications infrastructure based on Dell EMC VxRail – the foundation for APEX Cloud Services. This solution is helping to reduce the use of aviation fuel for the United States armed services. Watch the video.
To Learn More
Are you ready to accelerate your application modernization with support for containers and Kubernetes orchestration? Get to the APEX with Dell Technologies.