Six Dell executives have been recognized by CRN as 2014 Women of the Channel. CRN bestows the honor on female executives across vendor channel organizations, distributors and solution providers for their accomplishments over the past year, and the far-reaching impact they are having on the technology industry going forward.
Photos above (from left to right): Cook, McDermott, Heath, Wilson, Chasse, and Wilcox.
Additionally, CRN recognized outstanding female executives at numerous Dell channel partners, including Aruba Networks, ASG Software Solutions, Avnet, Carousel Industries, CMIT Solutions, ConnectWise, Cynergy Professional Systems LLC, Dasher Technologies, Inc., Davenport Group, D&H Distributing, Encore Technology Group, Ener Systems LLC, The Ergonomic Group, ExaGrid Systems Inc., Explore Consulting, F5 Networks, Global Convergence Inc., Global Technology Resources, Inc., Hardware.com, Ideal System Solutions, Inc. Ingram Micro, Insight, Intel Corporation, International Integrated Solutions Ltd., Intronis Inc., KBZ Consulting, Logicalis US, Lumenate, MetaLogix Inc., N-able by SolarWinds, Nimbo, Novacoast, Nth Generation Computing, NWN Corporation, Patriot Technologies PC Connection, Presidio, SafNet Inc., SHI International, Soonr, Star2Star Communications, StorageCraft Technology Corporation, STORServer Inc., SYNNEX Corporation, Tech Data, Teradici Corp, The Launch Pad, Towerwall, Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Westcon Group, WW Works and Zumasys.
Collaborating with and supporting our channel partners is critically important to Dell’s future. At the start of Dell’s fiscal year in February 2014, Dell increased its commitment to its partners by developing a wide-ranging set of new campaigns to drive predictability, profit and opportunity for the indirect channel worldwide. In November 2013, Dell combined its channel and direct sales teams into a single organization to encourage collaboration and a focus on customer outcomes. As a result of Dell’s channel evolution and leadership, Dell has been honored repeatedly by CRN in the past year, as the recipient of the 2014 CRN 5 Star Program Award, 2014 CRN Channel Champions Award, 2014 CRN Data Center Award to 20 Infrastructure Providers, and the 2014 Channel Chiefs Award.
This year, three Dell executives were named to CRN’s Women of the Channel list for the first time in recognition of their breakout performance the past year:
- Cheryl Cook, Vice President, Global Channels & Alliances – Since assuming the position of Dell’s Channel Chief in November 2013, Cook has been focused on adding value to the PartnerDirect program and providing the technology, tools and strength of the Dell brand to make it easier for partners to bring innovative IT solutions to customers. Under Cook’s leadership, the Dell PartnerDirect program has dialed up training and incentives that give partners greater economic value than competitors. For instance, Dell has delivered 163,000 trainings to partners in the past year, and now Dell sales representatives are being incented to partner with the channel like never before.
- Christine McDermott, Senior Director, Global Partner Marketing, Dell Software – McDermott has driven software-specific enhancements to the Dell PartnerDirect program through four software competencies – security, data protection, systems management, and information management. She also helped raise awareness of new service provider and referral programs that are vital for the success of software partners as well as hardware partners seeking to add software to their solution portfolios.
- Christa Heath, Sales Director, Global Commercial Channel – Heath is focused on making it easier for the channel to work with Dell and accelerating growth of both Dell and channel partners. In the past year, Heath helped launch a Channel Evangelism initiative to train Dell direct teams on partner capabilities and directed Dell’s investment in on-site resources at select partner sites to enhance support for those partners selling Dell solutions.
Additionally, three executives made CRN’s list for several consecutive years:
- Mary Catherine Wilson, Director of Channel Marketing & Programs – Wilson has been with Dell for 15 years, and this is her fifth year on this list. She has played a critical role in program changes in the past year including new financial incentives for Dell direct sales to work with the channel and the alignment of sales and marketing teams across direct and channel to foster deeper collaboration.
- Michele Chasse, Director, Dell Global Channel Training & Enablement – Chasse directed the increased Dell investments in instructor-led training and training incentives with a goal of enabling partners to increase their revenue with Dell solutions.
- Heather Wilcox, Rugged Mobility Marketing Director – Wilcox played a critical role in the launch of Dell’s Rugged Strategic Channel program, that led to the recruitment of 150 partners to expand Dell’s rugged mobility solutions and introduce distribution programs for the rugged products.
Cheryl Cook and Mary Catherine Wilson have also been named to the Power 100 list, making this Wilson’s fourth time on the list which recognizes a select subset of the CRN Women of the Channel based on their rank, influence, channel-savvy, and exceptional achievements.
CRN’s Women of the Channel Awards is the latest honor that underscores how Dell invests in women as an important business strategy, including Dell has been named a top 10 company for global diversity by Diversity Inc. For the fifth consecutive year, Dell ranked among Working Mother’s top 100 U.S. companies, and this year was named one of the 2014 NAFE Top 50 Companies for Executive Women for helping female team members reach the upper ranks. Women make a critical contribution in every aspect of Dell’s business, as employees, leaders, customers, suppliers, and partners.
In closing, congratulations to the outstanding women at Dell’s channel partner companies who were honored. Kudos as well to the six Dell leaders and thank you for the invaluable parts you have played in augmenting Dell’s channel business and creating new opportunities for partners to make more money and grow their businesses with Dell! If you’re a Dell channel partner and would like to learn more about how Dell can help you and your customers, please email Certified_PRD.