Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Dell shows off the UltraSharp 32: a 32-inch Ultra HD display set to arrive in Q4 (eyes-on) – July 23, 2013
With an impressive 32-inch display featuring 4K Ultra HD resolution, the Dell UltraSharp 32 is the company’s largest and highest resolution UltraSharp display to date.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
Victoria College >> Victoria College taps Dell to modernize storage
To address capacity constraints with its former EMC SAN, Victoria College, a leading community college and continuing education hub serving South Texas, has modernized its virtual storage environment and computer resources with Dell Compellent storage and Dell PowerEdge servers.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
Secure And Manageable Is Not A CIO’s “Pipe Dream” – July 26, 2013
In today’s workplace, expectations of enterprise IT are broadening due to consumerization trends and worker demands. Meeting these demands and ensuring IT security and manageability at the same time no longer needs to be a CIO’s “pipe-dream,” as PJ Dwyer, vice president, End User Computing Solutions, EMEA, Dell, has explained.
Looking For A Long-Term Relationship? Create Brand Engagement Programs – July 29, 2013
Praised as effective brand engagement programs, Dell’s Center for Entrepreneurs and “Pay It Forward” campaign are highlighted for developing meaningful relationships with potential customers.
Looking Beyond the Data: Reduce the Risk of Security and Compliance Breaches – July 24, 2013
Data represents the lifeblood of an organization and needs appropriate protection. Bill Evans, VP and general manager, Dell Software Group, explained how organizations can reduce the risk of data security and compliance breaches.
BYOD adoption rate to top 35% by 2016 – July 26, 2013
The benefits of IT cost savings and more flexible work environments have contributed to an acceleration of the BYOD adoption rate.
Dell Delivers Cloud Application Services On Windows Azure – July 30, 2013
In response to customers’ demands for new ways to develop applications and migrate them to the cloud, Dell Services has announced a new portfolio of services that provides a single point of contact for design, delivery and ongoing proactive management of apps hosted on Microsoft’s Windows Azure platform.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (July 27 – August 2)
- Dell Security Delivers Dell SonicWALL SonicOS 5.9 for its Next-Generation Firewalls
- Come see us at QuakeCon, the “Woodstock of Gaming”
- Converged Infrastructure and Blade Arrays Herald a New Storage Era
- Five Key Ways Partners can Strengthen Partnership with Dell
- Help wanted: A new kind of cloud evangelist
Press Release(s) (July 27 – August 2)
- Top Nine Storage Concepts Every Virtualization Administrator Should Understand
- Dell Delivers Cloud Application Services on Windows Azure
- Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) Selects Dell to Boost Claims Processing Capacity
- Dell Software Launches SonicOS 5.9 to Address Evolving Security Demands and Expand Networking Capabilities of its Firewalls
- Dell Expands Direct Financing Capabilities in Europe