The New Year provides a great moment to take stock of your business goals and make new connections. So with 2015 full of opportunities to grow a business, we were delighted to bring together some of Britain’s most innovative entrepreneurs for our latest Dell for Entrepreneurs event, with the theme “New Year, New Connections.”
More than 100 entrepreneurs, industry experts and press joined us at The Soho Hotel, in the heart of London’s entertainment neighborhood, for our fourth quarterly networking event to learn how U.K. entrepreneurs are successfully forging new alliances.
Thanks again to our brilliant guest panellists for the evening:
- Piers Linney, cofounder of Outsourcery, leading U.K. provider of cloud computing and unified communication services, and panellist on renowned BBC TV series “Dragons’ Den”
- Emma Jones MBE, one of Britain's leading entrepreneurs, co-founder of StartUp Britain and founder of Enterprise Nation, a small business community of over 75,000 people
- Peter Briffett, COO of award-winning entertainment app YPlan, which recently secured £15.3m in funding
- Jordon Fantaay, founder of innovative email company, Fantoo, and Dell's first Startup-in-Residence
Establishing and supporting close relationships with the entrepreneur community is close to our hearts at Dell. After all, as a company founded by an entrepreneur, fostering this spirit is one of the most important guiding principles at our organization. That’s why we’ve been a long-time advocate for encouraging initiatives to support entrepreneurial growth through our U.K. Dell for Entrepreneurs programme.
One of those initiatives is our Startup-in-Residence Programme which invites successful U.K. startups to gain access to Dell office space, technology, knowledge and mentorship. By improving access to these costly but necessary resources, we’re aiming to help startups focus on the more important things like growing their business.
So I was thrilled to officially launch the search for Dell’s next resident startup at the event. We’ve already received some fantastic applications, but if you’re a startup looking to take your business to the next level, we’d love to hear from you! Startups have until March 31 to apply, so do spread the word using #DellSiRUK.
With each quarterly event, it’s inspiring to hear the value of small and large enterprises working together.
With that in mind, we look forward to seeing you at our next gathering in April!
Don’t forget to:
- View and share pictures from the event by visiting the Dell for Business Facebook page and Flickr page.
- Apply to become our next Startup-in-Residence! Find all the details at del.ly/6015IvIl and get your submission in before March 31.