Dell Weekly Recap: News & Customer Spotlight
Welcome to the latest edition of Dell’s Weekly Recap, your guide to the week's Dell-related news and happenings.
TOP STORY OF THE WEEK
Dell unveils Latitude 10 Enhanced Security tablet – SlashGear, February 27, 2013
Offering users a more secure mobile option, the new Dell Latitude 10 Enhanced Security tablet ships with a built-in fingerprint reader and SmartCard reader – a first for any Windows 8 tablet.
DELL CUSTOMER SPOTLIGHT
Soho VFX – Jack the Giant Slayer Gets a Little Help from Dell
One of the best things about working for Dell is continually learning how our solutions are being leveraged to do some amazing things that impact our daily lives. So, I was pretty delighted to learn that Dell’s media and entertainment solutions helped the award-wining visual effects (VFX) studio, Soho VFX, deliver 214 visual effects for today’s opening of the movie Jack the Giant Slayer.
5 STORIES ABOUT DELL
5 social media tricks to steal from Coke and Dell – PR Daily, February 27, 2013
In the past, the chief marketing and communications officers slunk into meetings with their fellow chief executives knowing that their departments were cost centers, not profit centers. Rarely did they have something else that other leaders wanted, Brown says. Now, social media gives the communications and marketing folks something that every C-suite executive sees the benefit of: data.
Annie – TED, February 2013
TED recently featured this video in its series on Ads Worth Spreading. A persistent fifth grader named Annie decides that she's going to fly. With the help of her Dell laptop, imagination and ingenuity, she brings her dream to life and shows the doubters that where there's a will, there's a way.
Server Security Still Important for Small Businesses – Business News Daily, February 26, 2013
Security experts at Dell SonicWALL reinforce that effective security needs to provide multiple layers of defense at strategic points in order to reduce an organization’s overall risk.
Dell’s Project Ophelia Android-powered ‘PC’ fits in your pocket – Digital Trends, February 27, 2013
With people leading more mobile lifestyles, there is a need for access to digital content anytime, anywhere. Project Ophelia, equipped with PocketCloud, provides a remote access to apps, movies, personal files and work content through a screen or monitor with a HDMI port.
Dell taps social for B2B gains – ZDNet, February 26, 2013
Social platforms help to stimulate long-term business relationships by generating conversations, engagement and authenticity, according to Richard Margetic, Dell’s global director of social media and community.
TOP 5 Direct2Dell POSTS (Feb 23 – Mar 1)
- 1. Dell Introduces World’s First WiGig-based Wireless Dock for Unparalleled Convenience
- 2. The Greatest Threat to IT Security – Is You
- 3. Efficiency and Productivity is Possible with Desktop Virtualization Solutions from Dell
- 4. Exciting opportunities on the Horizon for Dell and VMware partners
- 5. Dell SonicWALL SuperMassive 9000 series: “Born for carriers, bred for your enterprise.”
Press Release(s) (Feb 23 – Mar 1)
- Dell Makes Wireless Docking a Reality with the Industry’s First and Only WiGig Docking Station
- Dell Helps Power Visual Effects in Oscar®-Nominated Films
- Dell Latitude 10 Enhanced Security Tablet Meets the Security, Manageability and Reliability Needs of Government Agencies, Financial Institutions and Healthcare Organizations
- Dell introduces multi-gigabit throughput Next-Generation Firewall to the enterprise with launch of Dell SonicWALL SuperMassive 9000 Series
- Dell Extends Leadership in Privileged Account Management With Unified Security and Management Solution Set
- Dell Advances Real-World Business Insight with Kitenga Analytics
- Dell and VMware Deliver Converged Infrastructure Solution Optimized for Desktop Virtualization
- Dell’s “Annie” Flies on to TED’s List as One of Ten Best Global Advertisements of the Year
- Dell Helps Soho VFX Siege the Castle in Time for Jack the Giant Slayer Premiere