Today at Citrix Synergy, the Dell Cloud Client Computing team announced the latest addition to its portfolio, Dell Wyse ThinOS 8 firmware. The new firmware is ground breaking in three ways and continues Dell Wyse’s long streak of industry leading innovation in the thin client segment:
- Security: ThinOS 8 takes the industry’s most secure, virus-immune firmware to the next level of performance and security.
- Performance: ThinOS 8 also offers unparalleled support for advanced high-fidelity virtualization protocols.
- Ease of Use/Cloud Management: ThinOS 8 includes built-in support for Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager, our leading SaaS management solution for Dell Wyse thin clients.
Cloud Client Manager enables organizations, through a browser on any device, to remotely manage thin clients in any location: on-premise, in branch and remote offices, as well as home users.
Watch our preview video here:
Highlights of how Cloud Client Manager makes Dell Wyse thin clients even easier to deploy and manage include:
- Over-the-air (OTA) registration and instant, zero-touch, configuration of thin clients.
- OTA firmware updates and version management directly from the cloud.
- No on-premise hardware or software required to manage thin clients.
- Simple, self-registration of thin clients for home and off-prem employees.
- Intuitive, GUI-driven device and policy configuration.
- Real-time visibility into devices and user sessions.
- Robust asset tracking and remote troubleshooting tools.
- Remote commands: query, reboot, lock and wipe.
ThinOS 8 maintenance now includes a subscription to the Starter Edition of Cloud Client Manager at no extra cost.
In addition to supporting management ThinOS and Xenith zero clients, Cloud Client Manager also supports Mobile Device Management for iOS and Android devices and access to enterprise content and applications.
Register for a free 30-day trial of Cloud Client Manager to learn more.