Dell Wyse has released a new Wyse D class mid-range cloud client family, comprised of thin clients and cloud PCs, which blends superb system performance, excellent multimedia capabilities and cost-saving energy efficiency in a compact desktop device. The new offerings provide a comprehensive solution that suits the needs of demanding users, while providing systems administrators with ultimate control over their application environments. The Dell Wyse D class reflects the needs of changing virtual desktop environments and delivers efficient high performance and versatility when compared with other desktop devices. It also serves as an ideal mid-range desktop client within Dell’s wide-ranging end-to-end Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DVS) lineup consisting of servers, storage, networking, and services that extend from the datacenter to the end user.
Dell Wyse D Class Cloud Client Family
- The Dell Wyse D90D7 thin client includes firmware based on Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7, and the Dell Wyse D90DW thin client includes firmware based on Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 2009, both delivering broad capabilities including rich support for peripherals, local Internet Explorer browser, local terminal emulation, and comprehensive support for connection to virtual infrastructures based on Citrix, Microsoft and VMware technologies.
- The Dell Wyse D00D cloud PC delivers a full-featured PC desktop experience with the benefits of cloud computing using Dell Wyse WSM provisioning software. Although a cloud PC environment is centrally managed, all applications execute locally.
- The Dell Wyse D50D thin client is based on Dell Wyse-enhanced SUSE Linux Enterprise, an industry leading enterprise-quality Linux operating system, combining security, flexibility and market-leading usability.
All these devices are supported by Dell Wyse advanced virtualization and management software products, including management and automatic configuration from Dell Wyse Device Manager (WDM) and Dell Wyse Configuration Manager (WCM), and user experience optimization and acceleration through Dell Wyse TCX and Dell Wyse Virtual Desktop Accelerator (VDA) software.
- High-performance AMD CPU and chipset includes a dual core processor that runs at 1.4GHz, ensuring excellent performance for a wide variety of advanced multimedia applications.
- Dual display capability with one Display Port and one DVI-I display providing crisp resolution for a high definition multimedia experience, with up to 2560×1600 for the Display Port and up to 1920×1200 for the DVI-I interface. Resolutions up to 1920×1200 are supported when both interfaces are being used.
- Multimedia capabilities include H.264, MPEG4 and WMV9/VC1, along with HD flash give flexibility in reading files with different formats.
- Networking options include gigabit Ethernet connectivity, SFP module support for fiber NIC connectivity, 802.11 a/b/g/n, single and dual band wireless and Bluetooth connectivity
- 4 USB ports enhance ease of use for transferring information and enabling connectivity to a wide variety of external devices
- Flexible OS options allow the D class cloud client family to integrate seamlessly into your unique ecosystems
- Meets EPA ENERGY STAR 5.0 certification criteria for thin clients
Pricing and Availability
The Dell Wyse D90D7 is available immediately and costs $499. The additional D class models will be offered in the near future for superb compatibility.