PowerEdge MX740c Compute Sled
Flexible and dense compute resources for virtualization, collaborative and software-defined workloads in a 2-socket, single-width sled.
Tech Specs & Customization PowerEdge MX740c Compute Sled
Trusted Platform Module
Processor Thermal Configuration
Memory DIMM Type and Speed
Memory Configuration Type
RAID/Internal Storage Controllers
Hard Drives (PCIe SSD/Flex Bay)
Boot Optimized Storage Cards
OS Media Kits
Client Access Licenses
Additional Virtual Machines for Windows Sever
Embedded Systems Management
iDRAC Server Manager
iDRAC Systems Management Options
I/O Card for Fabrics A or B
I/O Card for Fabric C
Internal SD Module
Power Management BIOS Settings
Advanced System Configurations
Virtualization Software and Support
Microsoft SQL Server
AutoRAID Configuration - Standard
Networking and Storage
Also included in this system
The following options and default selections are included with your order.
Building blocks for the modern data center
- Single-width; up to eight sleds per PowerEdge MX7000 chassis.
- One or two, up to 28-core 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors per sled, up to 448 cores per chassis.
- Up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs slots, 3TB max memory and speeds up to 2933MT/s; up to 192 DIMMS per chassis for up to 24.5TB max memory.
- Supports up to 12 slots for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMM (6.1TB) with a maximum total capacity of 7.68TB per server.
- Up to six 2.5" drive bays for SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) and NVMe PCIe SSD support plus optional M.2 boot.
Dynamically provision to maximize workload performance and drive efficient infrastructure
- Scale compute resources with second-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
- Flexible memory configurations from capacities of 8GB to 3TB; RDIMMs and LRDIMMs for reduced memory loading and greater density.
- High performance Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD delivers exceptional endurance in demanding enterprise environments.
Intelligently automate to accelerate operations and effectiveness
- Up to four times more performance with integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9) for easy lifecycle management from deploy to retirement*.
- Sixteen fewer steps and 30% time savings to perform basic server setup using Android or Apple mobile device with Quick Sync 2* .
- Full Lifecycle Management of more than 5,000 nodes within 611 chassis over 7 continents simultaneously on a single OpenManage Enterprise console* .
Future-proof infrastructure to avoid technology and architectural disruption
- Multi-generational assurance for at least three sever processor microarchitecture generations.
- More effective cooling and more disruptive fabric upgrades with the no mid plane design - direct compute to I/O connections.
- Simplified storage capacity, up to 118 2.5” direct-attached SAS hot-serviceable drives in a single MX7000 chassis when paired with PowerEdge MX5016s storage sled.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Awards & Reviews
Channel Pro Reader's Choice Awards 2019
"A solid solution for a segment of the market that wants the integration, flexibility, and deployment ease of blade servers." — ServeTheHome
"The two-socket blade delivers a fully configurable compute modular server with high performance and a rich set of storage options." — CRN®