It’s Day One of VMworld and Dell EMC is excited to discuss our powerful data protection solutions for VMware environments. VMware has been a driving force behind the transition to the modern, increasingly software-defined data center (SDDC) and the movement to the cloud. Dell EMC ensures businesses are able to protect their data throughout this transition by enabling simplified management, easier scalability, multi-faceted support for the cloud, and comprehensive protection for a wide gamut of virtualized workloads, including mission-critical, IO intensive applications and databases. This is accomplished through our native vSphere integration and software defined architecture, which enables extensive automation and high performance.
Protecting VM workloads is complex and presents challenges that are not easily met by data protection solutions built for legacy SAN based architectures. These challenges include: VM sprawl as a result of the growth of virtualization and the ease of spinning up new VMs, increasingly stringent protection requirements due to government regulations and more critical applications moving to VMware, and shrinking backup windows.
Other data protection solutions are not architected for the SDDC and cannot adequately deal with these challenges. They cannot scale efficiently as the number of VMs goes ups, can only protect a subset of applications, have inflexible networking requirements leading to complex and costly architectures, and offer limited automation resulting in increased operational costs.
Dell EMC Data Protection simplifies the difficult process of protecting data in fast growing VMware environments. Our solutions provide a more modern and simpler to manage and scale software defined architecture for VMware protection with:
- Automation across the entire VMware protection stack (VM backup policy, data movers/proxies and backup storage) with simpler scaling to more VMs without media server sprawl – Less than 5 minutes to deploy and configure a virtual proxy
- Best in class performance and data efficiency with less capacity and bandwidth required – 72x deduplication rate and 98% reduction in network usage
- Transformational management functionality that is designed to enable self-service to vAdmins, including native integration with vSphere UI and vRA, with oversight by backup/infrastructure admins.
Dell EMC Data Protection also provides comprehensive protection for your VMware environment today and tomorrow. Our solutions provide protection for virtualized mission critical IO intensive applications, support for all phases of your journey to the cloud, and are optimized for converged infrastructures:
- Hypervisor direct backup and restore for IO intensive applications and databases for superior performance – 5x faster backups (New)
- SLO driven protection built to enable self-service with consolidated oversight and automation
- Support for all phases of cloud:
- Long term retention to the cloud
- Disaster recovery in the cloud (AWS)
- Protect workloads in the cloud, including VMware Cloud workloads on AWS (New)
- Optimized data protection for Dell EMC VxRail Appliance (hyper converged architecture) and pre-configured, easy to deploy, comprehensive data protection with the Integrated Data Protection Appliance
Combine all this with our flexible consumption model that lets business pay for their data protection in a way that makes the most financial sense and our customers can rest assured that their VMware environment is protected with a low TCO solution (Protection Storage, Protection Software, as well as an Integrated Appliance) that is ideal for today and designed to help them modernize and transform to a software defined data center.