|What you get||Base Warranty||Premium Support||Premium Support Plus|
|Technical support through phone and online^2||Varies||24x7||24x7|
|Hardware repair model^3||Varies||On-site||On-site|
|Dedicated phone queue with direct access to Dell support experts|
|Single resource for software and hardware expertise|
|Collaborative help to resolve everyday software issues^4|
|International support – help that travels with you^5|
|Personalized help with software to set data backup, parental controls, and more|
|Repairs for accidental damages like drops, spills and electrical surges|
|SupportAssist technology enabled features^6|
|Proactively finds issues and contacts Dell while notifying you|
|Predicts problems before they start|
|Automated removal of viruses and malware|
|Optimizes PC performance automatically|
- Based on May 2017 Principled Technologies test report commissioned by Dell comparing Dell Basic Hardware Service to Premium Support Plus with SupportAssist Technology. Testing conducted in the United States. Actual results will vary. Full report: http://facts.pt/sk4vHh.
- In some countries, support after local business hours may be provided in a language other than the local language.
- Onsite Service after Remote Diagnosis is determination by online/phone technician of cause of issue; may involve customer access to inside of system and multiple or extended sessions. If issue is covered by Limited Hardware Warranty and not resolved remotely, technician and/or part will be dispatched, usually in 1 or 2 business days following completion of Remote Diagnosis. Onsite Service is provided by Dell Marketing L.P. Availability varies. Other conditions apply. For complete details about Onsite Service, see https://www.dell.com/servicecontracts. Onsite service not available on Alienware Alpha, Venue 7, 8, 8 Pro and 10 Pro and Chromebook 11 products.
- Collaborative software support: Including email programs, productivity and creativity apps, network functionality, installing peripherals.
- Geographic and service levels vary. See Service Description at https://www.dell.com/servicecontracts
- SupportAssist not available on Linux, Windows 10S, Windows RT, Android, Ubuntu or Chrome based products. SupportAssist automatically detects and proactively alerts Dell to: operating system issues, software upgrades, driver updates and patches, malware, virus infected files, failures of hard drives, batteries, memory, internal cables, thermal sensors, heat sink, fans, solid state drives and video cards. Predictive analysis failure detection includes hard drives, solid state drives and batteries.