You may notice that enabling the WLAN control option in the BIOS on the M4600/M6600 Precision Mobile Workstations has no effect when a LAN cable is detected. This feature appears under Power Management in the BIOS and is titled Wireless Radio Control.
Setting the option has no effect and a Wireless connection remains active even when a LAN is connected.
WLAN control option in the BIOS on the M4600/M6600 Precision Mobile
The M4600/M6600 system does not support this function. If the User wishes to have this feature enabled, it will have to be accomplished through the device settings.
For Dell Wireless Adapters:
For Intel Wireless Adapters:
- Open the Wireless adapter properties page in Device Manager
- Open the Advanced Tab
- Enable the option to "Disable on wired connect"
- Users will need to download and install the latest Intel Proset/Wireless driver from Intel's support website
- During installation of Proset, Users will need to choose Custom install and ensure they install the Administrators Toolkit
- An application setting will need to be configured to enable "Adapter switching"